The Nocturne Theatre
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Garden

3 posters

Go down

The Garden Empty The Garden

Post  Fellen Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:33 am

[ ` Description process delayed.
Things you need to know:
* A room filled with lovely greenery: precious flowers, small trees, fruit-bearing shrubs and such.
* There's a decent-sized fountain in the centre of it all, alongside benches.
* This room is lit by artificial sunlight.
* One lone oak tree has a tyre swing attached.
* Despite the variety of trees and such, the cameras are still able to capture every little corner... besides a particular tree hollow. Not that anyone knows of this. It doesn't contain a particularly big space...
* Violation of the plants will result in punishment. Go ahead and pluck a few flowers here and there, but anything beyond that is a no-no. ]

Last edited by Fellen on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Fellen
Fellen
Admin

http://thenocturnetheatre.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

The Garden Empty Re: The Garden

Post  Sayu Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:37 am

“Ring-a-round a rosie…”

Thud.

The zany stared down as the dull colored apple rolled away a few feet from where he now stood. Juggling while singing while also walking even if only slowly was taking an amount of concentration & skill that Scott didn’t quit possess but it wouldn’t stop him, he’d practice all day in till he could do it. His usual grin was wavering, slowly drooping down as he walked towards the apple. It was always the dull colored apple, the one he presumed to be red. The other two in his hands were a soft green yet only the red one he kept messing up during the routine. Picking it up the zany examined the apple, staring at all the bruises he’d caused. Standing straight again he took position, holding all three apples as he murmured the lyrics under his breath. It was a new a song he’d just learned the other day, the tune kept getting stuck in his head but he couldn’t complain. It was helping him with his practice anyhow.

I wonder what this song is about…oh! I bet it’s just supposed to be fun to sing! It really is catchy…

He tossed an apple up and begin the usual rhythm of juggling, having the weight of an apple hitting one hand while the other hand tossed a different apple up high into the air. Again and again till it became smooth and stable, he slowly stepped forward to begin walking. The boy cleared his throat and began to put it all together.

“Ring-a-round a rosie,
A pocket full of posies,
Ashes! Ashes!
We-”

This time all three apples crashed down, hitting the floor and causing a series of dull thud sounds. Scott stood in the mess half grinning for no reason, it was the closest thing to a frown the clown could do.
“Fuck, not again” He began to gather up the apples, wondering what the word he’d said meant. Earlier in the day, when having his health check he’d heard a white coat say it. She’d gotten pricked by a needle and had yelped the word “Fuck!” Scott being the curios boy he was had asked but the white coat just ignored him, typical. He had taken it upon himself to figure out on his own the mystery words meaning and his conclusion was this: It was the word adults say when something went wrong. Like the word ouch or darn but more grown-up!
As the young zany liked to think of himself so highly he’d decided to adopt the word, he’d sound more grown-up even more smart for saying it. The boy’s grin grew as he held all three apples; the younger kids would end up amazed by his new word.

He took position again, clearing his throat as he tossed an apple up to start again.

“Ring-a-round a rosie,
A pocket full of posies”

Thud.

“Fucking hell…” The boy was on the verge of kicking something, his frustration growing every time a darned apple hit the ground. He took a few deep breathes, hands on his hips and he scanned the garden, not many people today and no one was taken notice of his failures.

Good.

He began to stretch, putting his arms up in the way as a yawn made its way from him. I should take a little nap, no I can’t. I have to get this down.
With a nod to reassure himself Scott gathered up his makeshift balls for what felt like the 20th time, 20 was a big number wasn’t it? Again he stood and began his routine, this time juggling slightly slower…

“Ring-a-round a rosie,
A pocket full of posies,
Ashes! Ashes!
We all fall down”

He stopped, holding the apples with a grin fitting a Cheshire cat. He felt like jumping up and proclaiming his victory but he stayed standing, frozen with a big grin. He shook his head; he had to be able to do it while juggling at his usual speed. He took a deep breathe but instead of tossing up an apple, he sat down.

I’ll practice more later, I’m too tired…

He rubbed one of the green apples on his shirt, cleaning it of dirt before sinking his teeth in. Sure he just had lunch but he’d finished his food quickly and after practicing for so long, he had become a bit peckish. Also he just wanted to murder the apples, they were annoying. It was easier practicing with the balls in the training room but Scott wanted to avoid it as much as possible, he couldn’t help but watch the gambits practice and it made him sick…his skin crawled and he always felt nauseous with their acts. So just using apples and practicing in the garden had become a usual thing, the scientists never bothered him with how he took the apples. He rested an elbow on his knee, chewing slowly as he continued to eat.

Last edited by Sayu on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I have my reasons...)
Sayu
Sayu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fellen Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:56 am

“Fuck, not again.”

“Fucking hell…”

“—we all fall down!”

Much to her distaste, the sound of a distant voice whisked Lidiya away from her visit to her dreamland, awaking her under the spotlight of the bright, fake lights above. Although slightly groggy, her first few movements did not consist of her opening her eyes an inch. She already knew someone else was already in the room without having to check her radar, and that was someone was annoying the heck out of her ear buds.

Instead, she brought her hands to her ears, blocking out the noise in a weak attempt to return to her little dream bubble. Yes, she had been having quite the dream; for once, not a nightmare. She had dreamt of being in the city of love, the place where ballet was fully developed so she had once read, and she had been watching the city’s most famous tower glow in a dozen of brilliant colours without a single living thing blocking her line of vision.

It was wonderful, and even more so when it had started to rain.

Rain, she had thought. Oh god, rain.

But all she was really able to experience were the first few drops, everything else had been a blur after some foreign words intruded her bubble. She only remembered the sudden overload of dots popping up on her screen before the perpetrator decided to completely burst her bubble.

Groaning, she rose from her position near the garden’s fountain, stumbling to a sitting position as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. How long had she been sleeping for exactly? She didn’t know. She only remembered escaping the dining hall rather early thanks to Knoxious’ ominous presence, and somewhere in between she must’ve decided that the fountain’s bench side looked like a nice place to rest.

Perhaps training all morning from five to twelve (minus breakfast hour, even super soldiers needed their energy) wasn’t the ideal way to complete her daily duties. At least she was free for the rest of the day.

She opened her eyes.

One dot towards the west.

She turned her head in that direction, and sure enough a more or less colourful young boy stood chewing on what appeared to be some sort of fruit.

She observed him for a while before making her presence known – assuming that the younger boy had not been aware that she had been napping. Is lunch-time finished already? I’m sure I didn’t fall asleep for that long.

The first thing she noticed – and always tends to notice – was his height, definitely taller than her despite his youth, and afterwards the bright colouring of his clothes. Definitely a Zany. Her first impressions were not good.

She threw her legs off the bench, tugging down the hem of her dress with one hand and smoothing her hair out with the other, and prayed to whatever Gods were out there that she looked somewhat presentable in the odd person’s company.

“Hey you,” she called, sharply. I was having a nice dream, you inconsiderate clown. “What are you – no, rather, what were you doing? You sounded like you were having quite the mood-swing, there.”
Fellen
Fellen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayu Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:47 pm

The voice directed his way caused Scott’s head to snap up, eyes blinking as he couldn’t help but stare as his brain slowly figured out what was going on. The princess may have just woken up but she still looked lovely, like always which just caused his teenage brain to be distracted at the question at hand. The boy could feel his heart quicken, the head of the spec-dolls, the swan princess, Lidiya herself was talking to him! The biggest grin was slapped onto his face and a good bit of self-control was keeping Scott from yelling out her name from shock and happiness. He composed himself as he figured out his reply.

“Oh Lidiya, good afternoon” Somehow Scott kept his voice flat and calm, not revealing his excitement. He placed the apple he had previously been snaking on down into his lap, to lay with the rest. “Oh, what was I doing?” Lidiya had no idea how happy she was making the young zany, to get to show off to the head of the spec-dolls was like a dream come true. He couldn’t help but to chuckle as the last word left his mouth, he felt rather giddy.

“I was just doing this The boy picked up the apples, taking his position before tossing them up like before. He began his usual juggling routine, his confidence growing with every catch and toss. What if I impress her? No that won't happen in even 20 years

“Ring-a-round a rosie,
A pocket full of posies,
Ashes! Ashes!
We all fall down”

The apples stopped their movement as the song ended, sitting in his hands as he held his position like a statue. “Ta-da~” His laughter filled his voice as he spoke, he continued his chuckling as he handed the green apple he hadn’t bitten out of toward the princess “It will be more impressive when I do it on the walking globe. And by the way the name’s Scott” He dropped the red apple that he held awkwardly in his left hand, letting it hit the ground as he took a bite of the apple he had previously been eating. He sat waiting for her response as he realized something; he hadn’t answered the mood swing part.

Wait I sounded like I was having a mood swing? Oops…I guess I was louder than I thought.

“Oh and I wasn’t having a mood swing, just testing out a new word I learned every time an apple dropped ‘cause it’s annoying. Fuck, it’s what the white coats seem to say when something goes wrong. It’s a fun word, you should try it out."
Sayu
Sayu

Back to top Go down

Post  Fellen Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:36 pm

She didn’t quite like the glint in his eyes.

That’s how most of the Zanies looked: bright, overly cheerful and always with that weird spark at the back of their irises. They all say that that’s what gets the audience going wild, but to Lidiya… it was just strange. Was it a mandatory requirement to have those features when entering the Zany department? Because, gee, Lidiya could never tell what any Zany was thinking. They were just as eccentric as they were happy, and, despite being an owner of a mask herself, her fondness of their ‘always pull a smile’ motto was not leaning towards the positive scale.

Not to mention that he greeted her so friendlily right off the bat. He must’ve admired her in some way and that only pushed her guard up higher.

She was silent as she watched him perform his little show. The song was most definitely foreign to her, and she couldn’t quite get the point behind it, but she listened attentively anyway. Deciding to give him the benefit of the doubt, she threw away all thoughts of the typical Zany stereotypes tempor – but Knox can do that trick, too.

She held back a sigh; it wasn’t easy tossing her hatred for the obnoxious Head. She didn’t like to dwell in stereotypes, but his existence was like a poison to her soul. Everything related to him was potentially infected to do the same.

“That’s… nice,” she managed to say with a slight, forced smile. This boy, on the other hand, had a rather infecting happy virus, but she shooed away his offer for the fruit without a second’s pause.

“Did you learn that song from one of those devices the scientists give you, Zanies?” she asked quizzically, out of way to make it seem like she was somewhat interested; yet, the effort was tiring. After-all, she just woke up from a lovely nap that he interrupted, but she managed to hold back her temper and fall for his exultant exterior. “Do you know the meaning behind the song?"

However, his next words caught her attention much more than his nonsensical lyrics.

“The walking globe? What’s that?” she asked curiously, acid green eyes lighting up like diamonds.

Could it compete with my ballet?

“I mean, it sounds very impressive… Scott, yes,” she added clumsily, hoping not to sound too pushy. “I don’t think I’ve ever really met you before, or have I ever seen your act, it’s nice to meet you… I suppose.”

She watched as his final apple rolled away through the grass, awkwardly attempting to make a minimal amount of eye contact as possible. Instead, she tried to focus on talking: “Is it really okay for you take food and waste it like that outside the dining hall?”

But she soon lost interest on her newly brought up topic when he finally answered her original question. “Fu—what? Funk? Fug? I didn’t quite catch that,” she said. “Actually, whatever. I…”

… would rather not speak the same language as the white coats.

“I’ll stick with my own words.”

Plus, it sounds awful.
Fellen
Fellen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayu Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:15 pm

Scotty blinked, knowing she was anything but impressed. As she shooed away his offer his hand opened, long fingers letting the apple free. It dropped to the ground with a thud, his outstretched hand returning to his lap. “Nope, white coat taught me it” He gave a slight shrug, not making eye contact with the princess as he spun the apple he still held in his hand.

His eyes slowly made their way back to the girl, his grin faltering as she asked a question he had yet to know the answer to. Dammit, why ask that of all things? The possibility of showing off his knowledge was trampled on.

“No, I don’t know. Isn’t it just supposed to sound nice? I don’t think it has any meaning…” His eyes came back to the apple, taking a small bite as he listened to her voice with utter content. His grin slowly coming back to life.
He turned his head towards the girl, getting ready to explain the wonders of his act. “The walking globe is a giant ball, it’s really hard. I walk on it for my act; it takes a lot of balance. I can show you how to do it sometime, if you’d like” His smile was softer than before, not a Cheshire cat grin but a faint smile that somehow showed how insignificant he felt towards her. Lidiya obviously didn’t like him, what was he supposed to do? Normally the boy didn’t mind too much but having someone as important and wonderful as Lidiya hate him was something hard to swallow, he couldn’t allow it…but what to do? He had no clue...

“Yeah, I don’t think we’ve ever properly met….” He seemed to shrink, he didn’t exist to her… even his voice had lost its normal spark. The young zany for once was at a loss for words, he cleared his throat as he tried to regain himself. “No one has ever gotten mad for me doing it…and I’ll eat those later…maybe” His normal confidence, self-assured nature was being crushed by the spec-doll head. He felt so unsure it was causing him to question what was wrong with him. “I mean” He straightened his back, trying to regain his usual attitude “I asked and they said it’s fine” He gave a last minute shrug, trying to make it seem like it didn’t matter.

Her sudden topic change brought the greatest relief Scotty had ever experienced in his short lifetime. Scott watched as Lidiya struggled with the odd new word, trying to hide his laughter at her attempts “Yeah it’s a funny word, fuck. Well I like it; it wouldn’t fit you anyway so it’s probably good you don’t like it. It’s not a pretty word” He broke the eye contact, taking a bite of the apple to distract himself. I’m acting like a fool! And not the good kind…

Sayu
Sayu

Back to top Go down

The Garden Empty Re: Garden

Post  kathichan1 Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:04 am

Well, the garden certainly was less crowded than the leisure room, Quet mused dryly as he poked his around the opened door. And yet, it didn't seem to be any quieter. Even from the entrance he could hear someone, a male judging by the sound of his voice, rambling on about something or another from somewhere near the fountain. 'So much for peace and quiet,' the bird-hybrid sighed, scratching the back of his head before dropping both arms to his sides. He had to admit that wanting to find a quiet place in the circus was nigh impossible with the number of children running around. True, his room would have provided the solace he sought, but the drab dorms wouldn't have provided any comfort.

'At least it's gotten quiet now... The voice seemed to have stopped for the time being, so Quet slunk silently towards the fountain part in curiosity of to whom the voice belonged to and part because the fountain was one of his favorite places in the circus. Somehow the sound of flowing water and the cool spray was always very soothing to him.

After rounding the path, he finally caught a glimpse of the two figures who had been conversing earlier. The Zany- Scott, was it?- was standing in front of a bench, on which sat... Quet froze. Of all the places, the head of the Spec-Dolls just had to be here. He debated turning tail and heading for the dorm after all, but steeled himself. I-it's not like she's seen me yet, so if I go round the other side I should be fine... Probably.... The bird gulped, then started to make his way as quietly as possible to the fountain, taking care to stay out of sight.
kathichan1
kathichan1

Back to top Go down

Post  Fellen Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 pm

Although not she did not express it, Lidiya was a little surprised when he had let the apple drop down towards the grass. Now, if she knew he was going to do that she certainly would’ve taken his offer, but you just don’t hand someone an apple after obliviously interrupting their beauty sleep. God.

Not to mention the fact that she was having a nice dream, too. He hadn’t even apologized.

Rustling one free hand through her presently starch white hair, she tightened her lips to refrain from frowning (not that she was smiling in any way to begin with) and forced eye contact with him. Green eyes meeting golden, she didn’t take note of his feline-like appearance until then.

Oh, so that’s his mutation, was her first thought, and then he’s not smiling anymore.

“They made you part-cat,” she commented blatantly, not realizing until seconds later that she had changed the topic once again. “I mean, err, I’d like to think the songs they teach you have some sort of meaning,” she recovered quickly. “Anyone can sing a couple of empty words.”

But as she spoke, he couldn’t restrain herself from keeping an eye on him. Particularly, the come and go of both the glint in his eyes and the smile tracing his lips.

And now, he’s smiling again, she noticed, curiously.

Still, she listened to him. To her, it was a means to tear the sleep away from the lids of her eyes and stir her to alertness. His voice was lively and somewhat genuine; it was sort of pleasant even, if not for the obvious up-and-down of his mood. It was wonder why she had yet to scold him about awakening her so carelessly. Then again, it was about time she awoke and did something productive. Of course, this wasn’t what she had originally considered as productive.

“Yes…” she answered, and fluttered her eyelids open. She hadn’t realized she had been closing them as an attempt to listen to him carefully. “I would like to see it sometime. It sounds interesting.”

It sounds like a threat to the competition.

She blinked.

His smile changed again.

“I’m being honest,” she added for good measure. He almost looked nervous under her gaze, and while Lidiya enjoyed strolling about in all her power she wasn’t quite fond of the cons of it all. She enjoyed the admiration, the words of praise sputtered here and there, but she hadn’t really gotten used to the fear.

In fact, she was satisfied enough that he had even been willing to talk to her.

And now I’ve upset him.

To the following after, she merely nodded along and agreed with his little ramblings. Belatedly realizing that her words had affected him somehow. His mood was dampening at a shocking speed, but she couldn’t put a finger on what she had said to offend him. And the last thing she would willingly do is apologize for something she wasn’t even sure she was guilty of.

“Uh, that’s good. I guess,” was all she could say on the matter. But then of course, his mood piqued once again.

“Fu—what? Is that so? And you think only pretty words suit me?” she asked skeptically. Now he was crossing the line. “I believe you’ve only taken to the stereotypical image of me… what was it? Scott? Well, I may look somewhat decent but that doesn’t mean I’m incapable of my own use of foul words.”

A smirk stretched across her lips, suppressing a slight chuckle as she shook her head. “Clearly you haven’t seen me and—”

She paused, noticing the small radiating dot at the corner of her slowly intruding her vision – blocking one of Scott’s cat eyes before slowing down its pace. It paused momentarily, and that’s when she took the chance to look towards her left.

And indeed, someone was there.

She only raised an eyebrow in question.

“—Knox have a go at each other,” she ended on a quieter tone. She hadn't meant for her voice to rise so enthusiastically.
Fellen
Fellen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sayu Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 pm

The two kids conversation had such a to and fro to it, that anyone unlucky enough to overhear would have trouble keeping up with the whole exchange of words between the two with its twists and turns of topics and questions, the exchange like brightly colored balls being juggled between two clowns, never knowing where one was in till it landed in one’s hand only to be tossed again and lost out of sight.

Scott himself had trouble keeping up with their conversation, her comments lost as they continued on, still lingering in the air with the boy unsatisfied that he couldn’t resurface them.
The topic took its last turn, to the curious novelty of the word the boy had learned just that morning and its odd pairing with the swan princess who had taken a dislike of it.

“Fu—what? Is that so? And you think only pretty words suit me?”
Her voice sounded a type of warning, without realizing it Scott had crossed some invisible line, somehow his words had struck a nerve. The boy hadn’t meant to but before he could say anything at all, Lidiya continued on.
“I believe you’ve only taken to the stereotypical image of me… what was it? Scott? Well, I may look somewhat decent but that doesn’t mean I’m incapable of my own use of foul words.”
The zany watched as a rather condescending smile came onto her lips, he felt he should shrink and hide but he instead straightened his back, dissolving the slouch he had carried throughout their conversation prior to this pinnacle.

The girl’s voice trailed off as she continued speaking, taking a non-rehearsed pause, the feline eyes of the boy shifting to look where Lidiya’s eyes had wandered, to see what had caused her to stop.
“Quet” The name came under his breath as the corners of his lips twitched into a smile, what a pleasant surprise. Scott’s eyes trailed after Quet, his body tense as he watched the bird hybrid try and hide.

“—Knox have a go at each other,” Lidiya’s voice had lost its strength, its enthusiasm, its tone coming down in volume as if to apologize for the slight outburst. By the time the words had left the princess’s mouth the clown had leapt up, standing at his full height in front of her.

“Well…” His voice trailed off, his golden eyes now focused on her and only her, the bird forgotten for the brief moment. “I still say fuck doesn’t suit you, you’re too…good for it” The words weren’t what he exactly meant but what the young zany had meant he wasn't sure, all he was trying to do was sooth something he wasn’t really sure was hurt.

“Fuck’s my word, Lidiya needs her own word that fits Lidiya” He blurted out, regretting it as soon as he heard the words aloud but Scott kept his back straight, trying to put his whole body behind his strange suggestion. The golden eyes left Lidiya and her expression for a brief second, watching Quet. The idea of running away from Princess Lidiya, claiming he had something to do with his old “zany buddy” came to mind as he watched but he knew it wouldn’t be a good enough excuse. He’d have to climb out of this hell hole he built himself by himself, Quet wouldn’t be able to help even if he forced the bird.
Sayu
Sayu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum